TIRANA, Nov 29 (FENA/ATA) – PM Edi Rama stated on Friday that the death toll of Nov 26 earthquake has increased to 49, of whom 25 in Durrës, 23 in Thumanë and 1 in Laç.
At the extraordinary govt. meeting, Rama said that in the region of Durres roughly 1260 persons have been evacuated from their homes, of whom 625 in hotels and 360 in school gymnasiums, whereas the rest in tents and at the relatives’ homes.
PM added that in Thumane around 500 persons have been accommodated in tents, meanwhile the movement from tents to hotels in Shëngjin is well underway.
“So far 16 families with 64 persons have been transported but as we have discussed today, the tents in Thumana in Lac will be set up as the first step until all residents are moved to hotels,” Rama said.
PM added that in Elbasan around 209 persons have been accommodated so far.